Tuesday 18 June 2013

If the Eyes are the Window to the Soul...then Eyeliner is the Frame

For a very long time my Rimmel Eyeliner Pencil was my trusted go to friend and it still will be when I'm in a rush or have a minimal kit to hand. At just £2.99 it's easy to apply even to the water line and has the desired look. I think I'd given up on being able to do great make up on myself but now I refuse to settle. It just doesn't have the staying power. If I'm ever going to manage the perfect cats eye flicks or even just create depth then I need to find a new medium.

Rimmel Eyeliner-Matic
I tried the Collection (2000) Felt Tip Liner this is £2.99. The pros are if you can work it then it stays exactly where you put it. Cons are on my eyelids it just drags , I can't get my skin smooth enough to draw a nice line. It's tip is too broad for me I think. I'm just not the right artist or canvas for this product.

Collection - Extreme Felt Tip Liner
After searching high and low on the Internet and various magazines I found a possible winner. This is Maybelline Blackest Black Gel Eyeliner at £7.99. A much higher price than my usual choice but I'd had my eye on it a while so I went for it. I made the assumption before I bought it I would bin the brush it comes with as most free ones tend to be cheap and pointless. Not this one though. It's quite short in overall length but the brush is smooth and hold it's shape. It's easy to use, it glides over the eye and sits happily in my waterline. I still only use it under the upper eyelashes but the effect it gives it so beautiful. It adds the depth I wanted and the brush didn't irritate my eyes which when they start to water is such a hassle after applying all my makeup as by that point I'm almost done. I'm still working on the more advance techniques but for everyday use this will be it. I think I've found a favourite brand in Maybelline as I also picked up a Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow.
Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner

No comments:

Post a Comment